Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Mixed Media


I made my first ever card using some mixed media techniques.  I started the project by using Fun Stampers Journey modeling paste and the Artful Wall stencil on Lavender Fusion cardstock.  Even at this stage I think the pattern was stunning. 

Next I stamped this background with clear pigment ink and used pan pastels to color and make the stamped image show up.  Here is a close up of the colored image. 


Next, I embossed my main image on a sheet of whip cream cardstock that I previously covered with pan pastels so that the color showed through.  I used the stamp set Birthday Bash which is a great one for embossing, at least I think.  


Then it was layering, and adding embellishments.  I was pretty happy with the way it all turned out!


What do you think?  So many fun techniques, feel free to contact me if you are interested in learning more about any of them.  Or check out some of these great product at my FSJ store by following this link: http://www.funstampersjourney.com/andreamills


No comments:

Post a Comment