Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving nameplates

My friend has an annual tradition of inviting friends over for a big dinner that she calls "Frindsgiving." I told her this year I wanted to help make the night special by creating name plates for the dinner table, and she said, "Thanks." Here is what I came up with and how I made them. Of course all product are from the Fun Stampers Journey catalog that can be found online at: http://www.funstampersjourney.com/ 

I started by cutting my base in Hazelnut card stock at 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 and scoring it 1 1/2 inches on each side.

Next I cut on the score lines down again to 1 1/2 inches and then across diagonally to 1 3/4.


The next step was to insert my background sheet of butter cream paper cut to create a slight boarder and folding over the flaps.  I then wrapped journey twine around this whole piece twice and tied a bow.


Then it was time to decorate! 
I used many of the elements from the "Thanksgiving Medley" stamp set and even got to use the coordinating die set to cut the label and some leaves for accent pieces.  Based on the helpful suggestions by Rose Curtis I decided to add some splashes of both gold and bronze silks. For the names I decided to stamp the first letter of each name with the capital letter from the "Calkalphabet" set and then write in the rest of the name.  The final touches included some journey glaze, of course, in two parts, so I could add sparkle to the greeting but leave the corn and acorn without sparkle dust.


I made 25 of these and was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the end but I think they came out pretty nice.  My true joy came at the dinner party when the host and many guests exclaimed with delight as they found their spot at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment