Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine treats

I was inspired by having a three day weekend to make a special Valentine's gift for my students.  I usually just give my students a pencil, because they always need one of those, but this year they will get their pencil with a handcrafted valentine.  First step, do some stamping....
I used an adorable stamp set called, 'With Love' for the birds and greeting.  I also used one of the hearts from a recent Kit of the Month set called 'Only You'.  I thought they fit together perfectly, what do you think?

Next I layered some paper to match the stamps:
It is so much easier to coordinate when you have matching inks and paper....no thinking necessary!
 
Finally, I folded the base card to create a pencil flag valentine card. Thirty cards down....and my attempt at a healthier version of a Valentine treat.  Here is a picture of the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment