Saturday, March 7, 2015

Valentines

Once again I felt compelled to do something other than the store bought Valentine cards for my students.  The flags worked well last year, so I stuck with the same structure and just changed the design. I had an adorable new stamp set to use called "With Love".  I stated by cutting a square at 2 3/8" and stamping the heart a couple times getting different shades by stamping off. 


I added the greeting "Valentine's Day" in black licorice and the little bird from "With Love" on one of the stamped off hearts. 
 
 
The final step was to layer this piece with pool party and candy apple cardstock.  The candy apple piece was 2 3/4 by 4 1/4 scored three times at 1/2 inch apart to create a triangle.  This created a perfect slot to stick a pencil through.  And just like that, I had a cute flag to go on the Valentine pencil for my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment